Manager, People Operations & Recruitment
Capacity Interactive (CI), a digital marketing consulting firm with a focus on culture and the arts, is looking for a Manager, People Operations & Recruitment.
We are a fast-growing firm and work with some of the country’s leading arts organizations including New York City Ballet, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Goodman Theatre, The Kennedy Center, and MFA, Houston. Annually, we host Digital Marketing Boot Camp for the Arts, the country’s leading digital marketing conference serving the arts industry.
At CI, we strive to create an organization with no office politics and no personal agendas. We believe in transparency. We work hard, we’re all a bit nerdy, and we have a lot of fun. Together, we see lots of shows and know how to have a great time at happy hour. We are one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC.
Your primary responsibilities are recruiting, staff development and retention, and HR administration. The Manager, People Operations & Recruitment reports to the Director of Operations. The role maintains a close relationship with the Leadership team since recruiting and employee happiness are critical to CI’s success. The role has access to personal and confidential information so discretion is critical to success for this position.
- Ensuring CI is recruiting the strongest candidates for all roles including full-time, part-time and interns. This includes questioning and refining our recruiting process and working with team members and leadership to iterate and improve.
- Overseeing all steps of recruiting for new employees including: posting job descriptions, reviewing resumes and cover letters, screening candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, creating offer letters and negotiating offers.
- Ensuring CI is talking about and working to recruit a diverse team. Ensure that inclusion is part of the conversation and is something we stay focused on. Diverse must be defined in many ways. Oversee an Inclusion committee that meets regularly.
- Maintaining relationships with career development offices of colleges and graduate school programs that focus on arts administration. Finding opportunities for CI employees to interact with students and/or share CI thought leadership. This includes attending recruiting fairs, campus professional events, and other events where potential CI recruits may be targeted.
Human Resources Administration:
- Supervising benefits administration and managing relationships with all benefits providers. This includes Gusto, Zenefits (and providers of health, dental, STD, Life Insurance purchased through Zenefits), and Aflac. Ensuring these are the best vendors for CI’s needs. Keeping an eye out for better opportunities and evaluating other options regularly. Presenting to leadership as relevant.
- Overseeing Payroll administration and communicating with accountants. Monitoring for accuracy and following up on employee inquiries related to their payroll.
- Maintaining employee handbook, operations handbook, & updating job descriptions
- Planning and overseeing raises and promotions. Leveraging Payscale in conjunction with the Leadership team. Ensuring open communications with all employees, team leaders and Leadership about employee anniversaries and reviews. Ensuring employees receive appropriate raises and have reviews scheduled
- Fully leveraging the benefits of Payscale to ensure CI is compensating fairly and competitively based on goals. Maintaining relationship with Payscale contacts.
- Collaborating with leadership and team leaders to help employees track their growth at CI. Working to understand employee happiness and career goals to ensure retention. Maintaining records accordingly.
- Managing and improving CI’s internship program. The program should always be improving and used as a pipeline to hire full-time candidates. This is in close collaboration with CI’s Vice President.
- Responsible for staying up to date on best practices, legislative changes, and industry innovation and trends for human resources and people operations. Ongoing professional development on how successful companies recruit and retain employees.
Interested candidates may read the full job description here.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses The Following:
Passion for the arts, strong interpersonal skills, and a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion are key.
Performance will primarily be evaluated based on:
- Growth in your capabilities and outcomes
- Growth in your skills and expertise
- Discretion with confidential information
This is a full-time position with health benefits and a 401(k) including employer match. Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: New York, NY
Tom O’Connor, an independent consultant and recruiter, is conducting this search on behalf of Capacity Interactive.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note “.co”) with “People Ops” in the subject line. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Last Updated: August 8, 2018